We are so very excited to bring you the Main Street Half Marathon of Hunterdon…”from Mill to Main”! Many of us life long county residents, our collective vision for this race is simple, highlight some of the greatest things our area has to offer – beautiful landscape, welcoming communities and generously supportive small businesses…while doing what we can to contribute in the fight against one of our area’s biggest challenges – addiction. If this is a vision you can get behind with us, spread the word, share this post…tap a friend, family member or business that may be willing to join in, run with, sponsor or support….sometimes the biggest and most powerful waves can start with a few simple splashes in a giant ocean!
- Start – Runners 8:00AM Main Street, Clinton NJ 08809, Walkers 7:30a.
- Lodging – the Clinton & Flemington area offer multiple large chain hotels, as well as numerous bed & breakfast establishments, and many available rooms on sites like AirBNB.
- Parking & Transportation – parking for participants will be available near Liberty Village (map here) where a complimentary shuttle will be provided, leaving Flemington at 7a and heading to the starting line early on race morning for participants (only). RSVP here required and space is limited to the first 160 registrants. Shuttles, generously provided by our friends at Hunterdon County ESC (with a portion of event proceeds benefiting their “Hooked on Fishing, Not on Drug” program), will begin loading at 6:30a and the last shuttle will leave NO LATER than 7a (don’t be late!). Please note, walkers will be sent off at 7:30a so please either get on bus one or arrange your own transportation to the start!
- Expo – ever been to an “outdoor” race expo? Us neither…but that’s the plan. On Saturday, 10/6 packets will be available for pick-up on the Hunterdon Art Museum terrace just off Main Street, Clinton, NJ from 1p-5p (note, no race day packet pick-up). But there’s more, thanks to sponsorship from the Clinton Guild – come out and join our outdoor expo / festival from 12-4p. Stroll the town and enjoy the various shops, live music, merchants, etc. and take advantage of the exclusive participant media guide and coupon book to the downtown shops! And, bring your superheros! Announcing the Superhero Sprint at 3p. DETAILS HERE
- Swag – whether you stopped aging years ago or are still celebrating birthdays with the kiddies, who doesn’t love a “goodie bag”. Participants will love their custom MSHM shirt as well as the custom medal of achievement they’ll receive as they head to the finish line party, grab a beverage or two and enjoy food and refreshments generously donated by local businesses. Additional food & beverage will be for sale for friends and family members!
- Starting Line – Main Street Clinton, near the intersection of Hallstead street. Those taken by the shuttle will be dropped right at the start, but for those getting their own ride…listen for the music provided by Doctor D Entertainment and look for the hundreds of other anxiously awesome participants waiting the gun! Please note, Hallstead / Leigh street will be open to traffic so please be mindful of safety, and pay close attention to corralling and starting instructions (start will be “chipped”).
- Wave Starts – participants will go off in waves, which will be assigned on bibs, based on estimated finish time. Runner waves will begin being released at 8a sharp! PLEASE NOTE this event is walker friendly. Walkers will have a 7:30a start time.
- Course – we’re runners first….not elites, but “age-groupers” just like you….so on top of some of NJ’s most beautiful scenery, country roads, groomed trails, a “babbling river”, a few rollers, a horse farm or two…and the “Rise to Glory” at mile 9 – a climb with revolutionary roots, just before a fast finish….the perfect mix of distance, hills, and speed…a challenge you can feel amazing having achieved! The course will remain open for 4 hours, and will have plenty of aid stations stocked with water and gatorade, and nutrition at the half way point. More course details can be found HERE.
- “Loudmouth” (cheer) Zones – let’s be honest…everyone knows a “Loudmouth” or two…the difference, in this social setting, they are EXACTLY the people you want to see! With a whistle or a cowbell, or just literally a loud mouth…they know just how to lift your spirits when you’re churning out the miles. Tell them to target near mile 2.5 at the intersection of Hamden Rd. & Lower Landsdown, again near mile 5 (access via Lilac Drive) at the intersection of Kiceniuk and River Rd., and then again near the “Rise to Glory” near mile 9.5 near the intersection of Sand Hill Rd. & Thatchers Hill, before heading towards the finish.
- Finish – ever finish a race and feel like you’ve been “welcomed to home” by family…that’s the charm of Flemington and community that surrounds it. Run past the historic Lindbergh Trial Courthouse on your way to a post-race celebration with your actual family…and those that after 13.1 somehow sorta feel like it! Due to an unexpected street resurfacing project on Flemington’s Main Street, this year’s event will have a slight course change near the finish. Participants will take a right hand turn at Park Ave. & Capner in Flemington and another right on Mine St. to finish.